Pre Tan Advice
Benefits of exfoliation before your spray tan:
- Your tan will last longer
- Your tan will be more consistent
- It helps give skin a healthy glow
- Your skin will be smoother
- It help moisturisers be absorbed by the skin
- It helps eliminate fine lines
Different types of exfoliators
- Exfoliating scrub. Use a cream-based or a gel based product containing scrub particles.
- Exfoliating gloves
- Natural sea salt. Scoop up a handful when you get in the shower, and massage over your skin.
1. Thoroughly exfoliate your whole body the night before your tanning appointment, making sure to pay special attention to dry areas such as feet, ankles, knees, and elbows. If you’ve had a previous spray tan, ensure that you remove ALL of the colour from your last spray tan. (For best skin results exfoliate the skin 2-3 days consecutively prior to the spray tan).
2. Hair removal must be done prior to tanning. If you wax, epilate or use depilatory cream, be sure to do this 24 hours prior to your booking. Shaving is fine on the day of your tan, although if you have sensitive skin, be sure to shave the day before.
3. Do not moisturise, wear deodorant, wear heavy makeup or perfume to your tanning appointment, to prevent causing a barrier between your skin and the tanning solution. You may moisturise your elbows, knees and feet if you find you are quite dry in those areas.
4. You may wear a dark coloured g-string, full brief, bikini or come nude to your session if you feel comfortable. Alternatively I have disposable g-strings available in the salon. You may also wear a bikini top or strapless bra if you do not feel comfortable having your top half uncovered. Just remember that anywhere you are covered with clothing, will be un-sprayed and un-tanned.
A few more tips…
Always wear loose fitting, cotton, comfortable clothing and shoes after the tan has been applied.
All jewellery should be removed from the body to ensure an even application
Make up should be removed.
Always wear hair up. Light blonde and platinum hair may be temporarily discoloured. Most staining will disappear after the hair is washed for the first time or alternatively a shower cap may be worn.
IMPORTANT! The moment water touches the sprayed skin the tanning process stops in the area affected by the water.
If it is raining on the day of your spray tan, wear full protective clothing to cover the entire body to ensure it does not come in contact with the rain.
If it is extremely hot on the day of your spray tan it is recommended to bring a towel to place on the seat of your car to help prevent sweating. Also, a small hand towel wrapped around the seatbelt will prevent it coming into contact with your skin.